Friendship Mountain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2E12: AMC's The Stabbing

2 posters

Go down

S2E12: AMC's The Stabbing Empty S2E12: AMC's The Stabbing

Post  Dan (admin) Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Joined by Our Four Cents host, Zach Arneman this week. We not only role play his impending date, we create the next hit AMC program and take a moment to discuss Syfy's Hook prequel. Music by Stabbing Westward.

S2E12: AMC's The Stabbing
Dan (admin)
Dan (admin)
Admin

http://www.friendshipmountain.com

Back to top Go down

S2E12: AMC's The Stabbing Empty Re: S2E12: AMC's The Stabbing

Post  Palooka.Kolbe Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:36 am

Congrats on the retweet. I thought all of those tweets were worthy. Can we get a report on what you and Bob have been up to in Skyrim? Any thoughts on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

Also, what podcasts, if any, do you guys listen to? I am burned-out on MBMBAM and looking for something else.
Palooka.Kolbe
Palooka.Kolbe
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan (admin) Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:05 pm

I haven't touched Skyrim in weeks. Nothing to report! I can report that Dark Souls is still good.

As far as podcasts... Here's a list of my personal favorites.

Comedy Bang Bang (good starter episode is #99, Patton Oswalt and Andy Daly. So frickin' hilarious)
Doug Loves Movies (might take some getting used to, but it's a live audience chat with comedians and sometimes Edgar Wright. Also it's a game show!)
improv4humans (Matt Besser's new improv show is pretty good)
Jordan, Jesse, Go! (Don't you already listen to them?)
Superego (I think you decided early on it wasn't for you. Please give it another shot. It's so incredibly good)
This American Life (Self explanatory... It's incredibly well produced)
WTF (I've gotten behind on this one, but I plan on getting to all the eps I've missed. Pro tip: Skip Marc's opening monologue)
Never Not Funny (It's on the bottom because it's a paid podcast. You can listen to the first 20 minutes for free, but the actual ep costs a buck. Best chat show out there)

There are more, but these should do for now. Let me know if you're looking for a specific genre of podcast.

Love, Dan
Dan (admin)
Dan (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Palooka.Kolbe Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:55 am

I listen to JJGo! I think its great. I forgot about This American Life. I might have to get back into that. WTF is too much of a downer for me and Comedy Bang Bang usually strays a bit to vulgar for me to consume on a regular basis. A movie podcast sound like it might be good. I do check in with Filmjitsu every now and then. I am happy to tell you that I gave Superego another shot a year ago and came back around on it. It's so good! Right now I think their H.R. Geiger bits are the best, though my all time favorite might be General Zod and his defense attorney. I tried Never not Funny a couple weeks ago, but I don't like the morning radio tone it has.

I watched Fletch for the first time a few days ago. It didn't strike me as a cultural touchstone, but I did like it. You and Bob made it sound pretty bad a year or so back. I thought that it was the best I have ever seen Chevy Chase. It wasn't goofy like the Vacation movies and not as raunchy as I expected. Anyway, I think its a good movie for people to see, especially if they only know Chevy Chase from worse stuff, which is most of his body of work.

Any interest in the Expendables 2? The first one wasn't very good, but this one seems to be making good on the promise of the first. I saw that the sequel has four writers including Stallone. That's probably not a good sign, but at least he's not directing it. Also, and I think I might be retarded, but I got excited by the G.I. Joe: Retaliation trailer. I didn't see the first one, but I remember the trailer seeming ridiculous in a bad way, but this one looks ridiculous in a fun way, or at least that it could be. The image of huge Cobra banners unfurling from the White House is pretty great.

Oh, I shouted at an old man today. Corrie and I have to use elevators a lot when we ride the subway because we usually have the kids in our not-gigantic, but still bulky, double-stroller. Here in Korea there is a big societal respect for the elderly. Just because your old people are supposed to bend over backward for you. Due to this, whenever you are waiting at a subway elevator I guess you are supposed to let the old people do whatever the Hell they want. So we had pushed our way onto an elevator already filled with seven or so old men and women, several of whom could have easily ridden the escalator at the stairs, and four more oldsters cram in after us. We push and shove the best we can until we are finally settled and the door can begin to close. Just when it does, another old man tries to wedge himself in and I thought that's it, time to be American! So I yelled, "No way! Get the frick off!" It was great! You should have seen the look on that old bastard's face. He got the frick off. I had to endure the disapproval of my wife, but I think it was worth it.

Ok, I've got nothing left to say. Love you guys! Keep up the good work.
Palooka.Kolbe
Palooka.Kolbe
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan (admin) Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:42 am

Yelling at old people sounds like fun. I'll have to give it a shot. Possible things to yell:

"Your generation wasn't so GREAT!"
"Lady Gaga will be president someday!"
"Behind you! A person of Jewish descent!" (this one requires that the oldster is both not Jewish and anti-Semitic)

I'll let you know how it goes.
Dan (admin)
Dan (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum