Friendship Mountain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ demo..

3 posters

Go down

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ demo.. Empty Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ demo..

Post  Solryn Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm

In short, I really liked the demo. Ignoring some technical difficulties (with the PS3 and PC versions) The game seems to breath some new life into some of the most tired and well tread fantasy tropes we've come to expect. For one thing the fantasy is not of the Tolkien variety. It seems to draw heavy inspiration from old Scottish faery lore. Game play wise its an action RPG. Like a faster Fable without all the broken promises.

Oh, wait, Skyrim....is it too soon to talk about other games?
Solryn
Solryn
BFF
BFF

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ demo.. Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ demo..

Post  Dan (admin) Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:05 am

This is weird... did you download the demo on PC and PS3? I did too. Played the PC version with an XBOX controller. There were weird camera control issues. Camera was better on PS3, but the framerate fluctuated like crazy. Never bad, but the constant change was jarring.

I still don't know about Amalur. Fantasy stories are often a miss for me. Skyrim worked, but just barely. The comparison to Fable seems apt. Fable 3 was a train wreck. Maybe they should be marketing this as Fable 3: Kingdoms of Alalur: Reckoning.

Hope it's good. I'm hopeful, but not yet sold!
Dan (admin)
Dan (admin)
Admin

http://www.friendshipmountain.com

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ demo.. Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning™ demo..

Post  Solryn Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Yup, I tried the pc demo with an Xbox controller and found the same camera issue. There was also other terrible graphical problems on the ps3.

KoA:R is ham fisting the fantasy. All the chips are in. Trying to explain to my girlfriend that my character was resurrected by a machine that grabbed her soul and made her a new body was slightly embarrassing. Explaining t the character was able to change fate and murder with pointy purple physical manifestations of fate was actually fully embarrassing. But at least they are not playing it safe. They love their story and they are going after it like a fat kid with a light saber (man, I loved that kid).
Solryn
Solryn
BFF
BFF

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan (admin) Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:28 pm

I was a slightly less fat kid with a lightsaber.

Dan (admin)
Dan (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Solryn Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Dan, I had a fever. I watched that video. The fever is gone.
Solryn
Solryn
BFF
BFF

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan (admin) Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:10 pm

BEHOLD MY POWER.
Dan (admin)
Dan (admin)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:20 pm

I downloaded the demo yesterday. I have not played it yet. ...I contributed!
Bob
Bob
Stephen King
Stephen King

http://bobanddancast.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum